Mar 14, 2010

Jay-z The blueprint 3

Can rapper Jay-Z's latest album titled "Blueprint 3" live up to the hype? Yes, I am a big fan of Jay-Z, but in this article I am going to give a honest review of "Blueprint 3".
The album consist of 15 tracks with production by top producers such as Kanye West, Swizz Beatz Timbaland and Pharrell. Here is a quick break down of the album.
"What We Talkin About" starts off the album and is an intro song that gives you that feeling that you are about to hear something great. It is a decent track but it could have been a little more hard hitting. What I mean is, it could have been a little more aggressive and up beat, but Jay is known for doing intro tracks like this so I can't really complain.
The second song on the album titled "Thank You", Jay thanks his fans and his foes in a very fluid flow that rides the horn filled beat effortlessly. This song is good mainly because of the rhyming.
Track 4 "Run This Town" is easily one of the best songs on this album in my opinion. Kanye West and Rihanna really makes this song a winner. I love the beat and really the whole concept of the song.
Even though the track that Swizz Beatz produced is his typical "Swizz beat" I really like It's up temple vibe. I would say this is the most energetic song on the whole album.
Track 8 "Off That" is a track produced by Timbaland featuring new comer Drake.The song is ok, but I feel that Drake should've actually rapped a verse instead of just doing the chorus.
In "Venus vs. Mars" Jay really gets creative with the metaphors as he raps over just an ok beat. Overall not to special.
The last song on the album is a good one titled "Forever Young". It is very similar to the last track on Jay's last album "Kingdom Come". The combination of a really nice beat an a heart felt flow, this is a definite winner.
In closing
I honestly was expecting a little more from "Blueprint 3", but it is a good album overall. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars. I'm tough on Jay because he has set such a high standard in his past works.

Download songs from Jaz-z blueprint 3 album here:

No comments:

Post a Comment